Learn React with TypeScript
Learn Pro Patterns for Hooks, Testing, Redux, SSR, and GraphQL
What You Will Build
In this book, we'll work through a variety of React apps. By seeing the same ideas in multiple contexts, you'll be able to take the concepts to your own apps.
- Why Use TypeScript with React?1
- How to Get the Most Out of This Book
- Why Types and Tests Prevent Errors
- A Quick Intro to TypeScript
- Your First React and TypeScript Application2
- Building Trello with Drag and Drop
- Creating the Card Component
- Implementing Drag and Drop
- State, Hooks, and Events
- How to Test React Applications with TypeScript3
- Testing the Goblin Digital Goods Store
- Setting up TypeScript Tests
- Rendering Components in Tests
- Testing Custom React Hooks
- Common Patterns4
- Making Music with React
- Capturing Keystrokes with React
- Render-props and Higher-order components
- Using Next.js with TypeScript5
- Building a Medium-like Blog
- SSG: Working with Static-site generation
- SSR: Working with Server-side rendering
- Using Redux and TypeScript6
- Build a drawing application
- Implementing Undo and Redo
- Redux vs. useReducer
- Using GraphQL with React, and TypeScript7
- Complex GraphQL Queries and Types
- Generate TypeScript Types from GraphQL
- Build a CLI-based React application
Purchase the book today
What happens after I buy the book?
You'll be able to download the book and source code after checkout. You'll also receive an email from Gumroad giving you instructions on how to download it at any time.
Is the book complete?
Yes! It's 100% complete and currently over 500 pages.
Are there free updates?
Yes! Buying now entitles you to free updates for at least one year after purchase
How do I download the book and updates?
If you've purchased the book, you can download it from your Gumroad library.
How up to date is the book?
The book is up to date with the latest version of React and TypeScript
What format is the book?
The book is in PDF, epub, and mobi format. It also comes with a large folder of example code
What if I don't like it?
If you're unhappy with the book for any reason, just reach out to us and we'll give you a full refund. There's no risk.
Become proficient in TypeScript with React
Download the first chapter and build a Trello clone with React and TypeScript in 20 minutes